Cone Beam Dental Implants
As an advanced type of digital radiography, cone beam technology provides Dr. St.Germain with a three-dimensional, digital image of structures beneath the surface of the teeth and gums. This unprecedented view includes teeth roots, internal canals, and bone structure. CBCT (Cone-Beam Computed Tomography) scans similar are in detail to traditional medical CTs, but in a fraction of the time. Since the scan takes only seconds, the patients radiation exposure is minimal.
With the cone beam's precision scans, we no longer rely on two-dimensional X-rays for diagnosis and treatment planning. The PreXion 3D equips Dr. St.Germain to:
- Uncover the cause of a patient's previously undiagnosed pain
- Plan root canal treatment
- Contribute to precision dental implant placement, making the surgery less exploratory and invasive; Reduced trauma to surrounding tissue means that you can recover more quickly after the procedure
- Fit patients with Invisalign clear braces that most closely meet their orthodontic needs
- Pinpoint disorders of your TMJs (temporomandibular joints) that cause headaches, teeth clenching or grinding (bruxism), or other serious issues that can negatively impact your oral health
Since you'll have access to our cone beam technology here in our Merrimac office, you won't need a referral to a radiology lab. Your scans, diagnosis, and treatment will be conveniently centralized on site. When we see the detailed 3D image rendering of your teeth and jaw, treatment can be more targeted and, thus, more effective.